[Nix-dev] Adoption of C4

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Fri Dec 19 16:41:47 CET 2014

>I disagree that it would slow down development.
>
>Issues would be merged much faster.

Could you please explain what is the minimal part we can adopt not to
have our current problem of a ton of open pull requests?

I would say that trying to solve the PR-count problem seems to make
people burn out even more than trying to solve implementation problems.
(And yes, I have tried to do something about open PRs myself, as have
other committers).

>Regarding feature requests: The logic goes that you implement the
>feature yourself. Don't nag core dev to satisfy your fanciful flights.
>They'll burnout. Besides it'll increase community adoption.

Strange. In the other place it says that the patch should solve
a problem that is previously discussed in issue format.