[Nix-dev] BootDevice Not Found

Dejan Lukan evangeline.eleanor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 09:26:04 CET 2014

I figured out what the problem was. The legacy mode was not working because I was using GPT (GUID Partition Table) and not MBR (Master Boot Record). After switching from GPT to MBR, which can easily be done by using the gdisk program. Note that gdisk supports changing from GPT->MBR with a few keystrokes without invalidating the already created partitions, so you don't have to reinstall the system from scratch.

Regards,