[Nix-dev] Nix 1.8 released

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice tobias.geerinckx.rice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 00:06:27 CET 2014

Hallo,

On 16 December 2014 at 18:56, Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of a new stable release of the
> Nix package manager.
> [...]
> It has the following changes and new features:

Those are some very nice and welcome features. Thanks!

>   • Nix now filters out Nix-specific ANSI escape sequences on standard error.
>     They are supposed to be invisible, but some terminals show them anyway.

Are these the "[q[p" sequences I see/saw in gnome-terminal and Hydra's
tail-logs?

If so, I'm still seeing them on my Hydra web interface with Nix 1.8.
Is this intentional? Is there any documentation describing their
purpose? (Hardly important, but I'm a curious fellow.)

Regards,

T G-R