[Nix-dev] package dependency problem: ghc-mod: cannot satisfy -package-id mtl-2.1.3.1

Carlo Nucera meditans at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 20:33:18 CET 2014

Hi Peter,

I think that 'hsEnv approach' means essentially ghcWithPackages, as
detailed in this wiki page: https://nixos.org/wiki/Haskell (search for
'hsEnv', it's in 'Local use via Nixpkgs config' section. I don't know
if that information is outdated, but it created problems also for me
(half a year ago, or so).

Paul, I think you could benefit from this mail from Peter outlining
how to setup a working haskell installation:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/15045

Or, if you prefer another approach, I remember this blog post to work
(caution, it's not using ghcWithPackages, which is the suggested
installation):
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~bernardy/nix.html

Best regards
Carlo