[Nix-dev] Making Nix use pivot_root in addition to chroot

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Dec 9 21:04:29 CET 2014

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014, at 06:24 AM, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently been trying to use Nix in a somewhat different way than
> NixOS, and the builders I've got, it would be useful if they were able
> to run unshare -r.

You might be interested in
https://git.gnome.org/browse/linux-user-chroot

gnome-continuous uses it to do all builds chrooted as non-root, including buildroot construction as non-root.

It might eventually be obsoleted by user namespace support in the kernel, but it's been quite useful in the last 4 years for my higher level tools.