[Nix-dev] Using ccache without changing stdenv hash?

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:57:36 CET 2014

I don't follow. It's a cache, so it always returns the same output for a
given set of inputs (compiler version, source files, preprocessor
settings). Its presence should be undetectable.

The only impurity is that time taken to compile is dependent on previous
compiles, no?

However, it is still useful for development but not if using it means
rebuilding the world on your laptop... So I'd like to at least offer the
option for development.

Wout.