[Nix-dev] How can I write a library inside Nixpkgs? (for Bitcoin and friends...)

Anderson Torres torres.anderson.85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 02:54:55 CET 2014

Hello, Nixers!

I want to make a small library to help create CryptoCoins (or Altcoins).
Nowadays, there is a small bunch of altcoins in Nix. The most recent
is Darkcoin, by myself :)

I want to make something like "#include<altcoins-templates.nix>". In
fact, these altcoins are built almost the same way:

1 - Define one or two generic functions (like "mkAutotoolsCoin,
mkGitCoin, mkTarballCoin" etc.);
2 - Use the functions to write a builder for the coin.

My idea is to put the generic functions in a same file, and the
specific coins are described in separate files.

I think my question is a bit newbie, but can someone help me here?

Many thanks, and sorry my bad English :/