[Nix-dev] batti not showing icons in tray

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Sun Dec 7 01:04:09 CET 2014

Hi all,

I use a minimal desktop with xmonad and I'm trying to find a replacement
for xfce4-power-manager since it no longer supports regular system trays.
I decided to give batti a try, but the icon in the tray doesn't display
properly.  Normally I would fix this myself, but when I went to look I saw
it already has the appropriate wrapping to set the XDG_DATA_DIRS with
XDG_ICON_DIRS.  So I am not sure why it is unable to find the icons it
needs, e.g. battery-full-charging and friends from gnome-icon-theme.

Anyone using batti and have the icons working? What did you need to do?

Thanks,
Rich