[Nix-dev] Help with ghc errors after nix-channel --update

Benno Fünfstück benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 18:57:33 CET 2014

Hi Peter,

Oh, I just assumed that since I had two versions of hashable with different
cabal hashes installed, that one of them was a GHC core package. But now
that I think of it you're probably correct, and this just happened because
I did something similar to the following:

1. Install a package depending on hashable.
2. Update nixpkgs. The new nixpkgs contains a hashable with a different
cabal hash because hydra rebuilt hashable.
3. Now install another package depending on hashable. I now have two
incompatible hashable versions.

Is this possible? Maybe something similar happened to Carlo?

Sorry for the confusion,
Benno