[Nix-dev] Locally built haskell package not showing up in ghci

Carlo Nucera meditans at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:07:49 CET 2014

I did better, to streamline the problems, I created a dedicated vm to keep
things clean. So here is what I did:

1) I followed this guide http://fluffynukeit.com/series/haskell-nixos/
to establish ~/nixpkgs as my base for packages, adding this in my
.zshrc:

> rm -r ~/.nix-defexpr
> ln -s ~/nixpkgs ~/.nix-defexpr
> export NIX_PATH=/home/carlo:nixos-config=/etc/nixos/configuration.nix;

2) I installed ghc, cabalInstall and cabal2nix in my environment,
with:

> nix-env -iA haskellPackages.ghc
> etc..

3) I packaged software as usual in that guide.

Now, look at the image of dependencies in
"https://hackage.haskell.org/package/music-suite". I installed without
problems the packages music-pitch-literal and music-dynamics-literal,
whose dependencies are all already packaged. I tested them in ghci,
all fine. But when I went on packaging lilypond, it created a problem
in my configuration, so that now ghc-pkg check reports errors in
installed packages. Also, lilypond does not show up when I try to
import it from ghci.

Could you help me to point out the errors I'm doing here?