[Nix-dev] How to get ghc-mod to work with nix-shell

Paul Koerbitz paul.koerbitz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:12:43 CET 2014

Dear all,

I know that this has been asked before, but I am still having problems to
get ghc-mod in emacs to work right with under nixos.

I want the ghc-mod process to pick up the 'default.nix' file which is
sitting in my projects directory. When I do run 'nix-shell --pure --command
ghc-modi' things work fine. However, the ghc-mod process started from emacs
runs in the global environment and doesn't have the right dependencies.

How do people solve this issue usually?

thanks
Paul