[Nix-dev] how to get a hydra / github branch?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Aug 28 10:37:59 CEST 2014

Hi Gergely,

 > Do we have some Amazon EC2 AMI that is ready to go for the whole nixpkgs
 > stuff and web interface and everything?

The problem with hydra.nixos.org is that the machine is so overloaded
that it manages only ~1 evaluation per day. This means that you'll have
to wait a day or two before you get feedback for a commit.

I used the nixops configuration attached below to spawn my own Hydra in
EC2. I haven't run it in a while, though, so it may have bit-rotted a
little. Anyway, I hope it helps.

Peter