[Nix-dev] systemd in initrd

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 16:02:32 CEST 2014

Some progress: nixos/tests/simple.nix built successfully. That means the
initrd works fine, mounted the file systems and so on, and switched root.
Probably something is still not in the right place between stage 1 and
stage 2, however it's a good step forward.

Current issues:
- The /nix/store/eeeeeeeeeeee- thing to make systemd happy when calling
binaries such as mount.
- Currently systemd switches root and enters stage-2, then it's restarted
from stage-2. This is not what we want I guess.

These two issues are interconnected, since if systemd is not restarted in
stage-2, it means it will use the wrong paths for the mount binaries.