[Nix-dev] nixops waits forever for SSH

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Fri Aug 22 01:58:10 CEST 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try disabling the firewall in the nixos configuration.

In trivial.nix, I replaced
  networking.firewall.allowedTCPPorts = [ 80 ];

with

  networking.firewall.enable = false;

nixops was still unable to determine when the ssh server came up in the
virtual machine.

> About the virtualbox issue, it's possible that the vbox kernel of your
> linux box is not compatible with the nixpkgs virtualbox.

That's about what I'd figured too.  It's not so bad, I'll just have a
~/nix/bin that I'll put in the PATH.  That way I can circumvent the purity
of nix-shell somewhat.