[Nix-dev] nixops waits forever for SSH

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Fri Aug 22 01:15:50 CEST 2014

Hello again,

I finally got `nixops deploy -d trivial` to create a virtualbox image and
start it - I had to abandon using virtualbox from nixpkgs and instead put
the VBoxManage installed by Arch on my PATH.

During startup, the IP address is determined correctly and then nixops
says, "waiting for SSH..." and then just waits forever.  I can see in the
virtualbox console that SSH started, but nixops is unable to see that.  Is
there a step I am missing?  vboxdrv, vboxnetadp and vboxnetflt are all
loaded correctly.

Thanks again,
Rich