[Nix-dev] NixOS on MacBook dual boot

Paul Colomiets paul at colomiets.name
Wed Aug 13 17:10:17 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Alexey Muranov
<alexey.muranov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 août 2014, at 12:02, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mount every file system under /mnt. Therefore, /mnt/boot. Then regenerate the config.
>
> Thanks.
>
> My new problem is that it turns out i do not have a network access when i boot from a USB stick to install NixOS on my MacBook. I am connected with an Ethernet cable.

Do you have dhcp or static address? Do you have built-in ethernet or
thunderbolt-based adapter? Whats output of "ip addr" or "ifconfig -a"
and "ip route"? Does `ping 8.8.8.8` or pinging your local router
works? (i.e. is it network problem or dns). Do you have dhcpcd
running? (ps -ax | grep dhcp)

--
Paul