[Nix-dev] Migrating Hydra database between machines

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 07:54:34 CEST 2014

On 08/12/2014 06:40 AM, Rob Vermaas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had some success on getting Hydra running on my own computer and I'm
>> fairly happy how it worked out. The problem is that I have limited space
>> here and not a great CPU, Core 2 Duo. Luckily I just re-purposed a
>> Gentoo boxed into a NixOS one and Hydra is compiling there as I type
>> this. NixOS is great.
>>
>> I would like to ask how to move the Hydra database with my projects and
>> jobsets to the other computer which will from now on run all the builds.
>> I am mostly looking to save myself time from having to recreate every
>> project and jobsets as it's quite tedious.
>>

> You should be able to just use pg_dump to create a postgresql dump of the
> hydra database, and import this on the new server. Have you tried this?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

No, I haven't tried it because I have no idea how to work the database.
Consider this a “if I get a data dump from one Hydra, can I safely use
it in another without further tweaks?” question.

I have just finished manually moving all the projects but if you have
precise instructions then I'm sure I'll be able to use them in the future.

--
Mateusz K.