[Nix-dev] Zero Hydra Failures (ZHF) project

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 22:16:51 CEST 2014

On 08/10/2014 03:06 PM, Vladimír Čunát wrote:
> As for the user-experience... what about exposing *negative* results in
> the binary cache as well? I imagine the hydra-failing package shouldn't
> be attempted by default, printing some message that it would probably
> fail, and one could override that via --fallback or a new separate flag.
>
> Vlada

I'd like to support this notion, when I see something building locally
that Hydra should have in the cache I already expect a failure to occur
and have to manually go to hydra.nixos.org to confirm. It'd be great if
we could know the status of the package by default and have nix act upon it.

--
Mateusz K.