[Nix-dev] Nixos manual in PDF format

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 15:20:32 CEST 2014

On 08/09/2014 12:52 PM, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> I am currently studying the nixos related manuals, and I find it more
> comfortable to read the manuals on paper.
> [...]
> I have unsuccessfully tried to obtain the PDF from the DocBook
> source.

I recommend to print the HTML directly. I doubt that direct conversion
with standard stylesheets would produce a significantly better result.

Also, the text itself is meant for browsers, and so contains lots of
hyperlinks for additional information, etc.

We do have an old issue filed for PDF and EPUB (before merging nixos
repo into nixpkgs).
https://github.com/NixOS/nixos/issues/237

Vlada