[Nix-dev] dlopen and mesa-likes

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 00:18:34 CEST 2014

On 08/08/2014 11:30 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Unfortunately /run/opengl-driver/lib contains neither libEGL.so nor
> libGLESv2.so. Do you know how to proceed? Does this means that there is
> just no support for these things from nVidia and I need another driver?

Ah, that's an issue not solved yet, I didn't realize that. I believe it
should work to have EGL and GLES from our mesa_noglu. IIRC those are
relatively thin wrappers around libGL, which will get chosen from
/run/opengl-driver* due to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (BTW this variable is why
often dlopening libGL works fine without any patching).

> Out of interest, is there a solution which would work both on NixOS and
> on setups with just nixpkgs?

I don't think so. Driver is an OS thing, and I believe libGL
implementation needs to be driver-dependent.

Vlada