[Nix-dev] A few questions from a NixOS newbie.

Aristid Breitkreuz aristidb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:47:19 CEST 2014

Remove the symlink "channels_root" from your ~/.nix-defexpr/ directory
and add a new symlink to your nixpkgs checkout. Like this:

$ ll ~/.nix-defexpr/pkgs
lrwxrwxrwx 1 aristid users 10 22. Mär 18:22
/home/aristid/.nix-defexpr/pkgs -> ../nixpkgs

To use 32-bit software, do NOT change your entire system. Instead, use
callPackage_i686Linux.