[Nix-dev] Hydra no longer sets 'system'?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Sep 18 11:05:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

I use "pkgs = import <nixpkgs> { };" to import Nixpkgs into my release.nix
files for Hydra, assuming that the result is the _native_ package set. It
appears, though, that recent version of Hydra instantiate that package set
with system = "i686-linux" instead of system = "x86_64-linux" -- even though
my Hydra instance is running on a x86_64-linux machine. I did not have this
problem with earlier versions.

Has Hydra's behavior in changed in that respect?

What is the preferred way to get the native 'system' value?

Take care,
Peter