[Nix-dev] Nix 1.6 released

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 10:45:00 CEST 2013

On 09/15/2013 10:11 AM, Malcolm Matalka wrote:
> I am unable to upgrade to 1.6 on one of my machines for an unknown
> reason.
>
> I updated my machine by doing 'nixos-rebuild --upgrade switch' and
> rebooting.

"nixos-rebuild --upgrade" uses the channel. Its current nixpkgs revision
is on 38d54cf, which is *before* the b73deae nix-1.6 update (about four
days commit-time). Therefore, the reason must be somewhere else than
nix-1.6.

(The channel currently lags a bit, mainly because the FreeBSD build
slaves are a little overloaded.)

Vlada