[Nix-dev] 32-bit DRI drivers on 64-bit NixOS

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 12:41:34 CEST 2013

On 09/09/2013 12:25 PM, Arseniy Alekseyev wrote:
> I have a problem with /run/opengl-driver-32 being a symbolic link to
> /run/opengl-driver on 64-bit machines.
>
> [...]
>
> Does anyone have any idea about why the incorrect symlink gets created
> at all and how to fix it?

Well, this was my doing. If you set services.xserver.driSupport32Bit in
configuration.nix, then you should get 32-bit drivers there (otherwise
they may not be present at all).

When you only have one set of drivers, the symlinks point to the same
path. I'm not sure how this case should be handled. The symlink code is
in <nixos>/modules/services/x11/xserver.nix

Vlada