[Nix-dev] Coreutils on OSX 10.0.8 - a general question about Darwin

Danie Roux lists at danieroux.com
Mon Sep 2 20:02:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to rebuild Emacs on 10.0.8, and I've been fighting an
uphill battle [1].

I've made Coreutils build on 10.0.8 (https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/902).
... and now libffi does not build with "no such instruction: `vmovdqa
%xmm0, (%rsi)'".

It seems that 10.0.2 is being used on Hydra and it builds coreutils
and libffi with great success:

http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/coreutils.x86_64-darwin
http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/libffi.x86_64-darwin

Does anyone on this list have the expertise to help me understand how
to make 10.0.8 and nixpkgs play nicely with each other?

Thank you in advance.

1. Hence why the other thread on "can I please just make the mu
package believe emacs-nox=emacs so that I don't need to rebuild
anything".

--
Danie Roux