[Nix-dev] bup - test suite

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Sep 2 00:35:25 CEST 2013

Peter,

I guess you've missed the point.

Even if the new version is stable and the test case works this does not
mean that upgrading is stable. So consider commenting on this point,
please.

Neither does a failing test case mean the new version is less stable
then the old - the warnings by "Mathijs Kwik" have been strong.

Maybe I find time to actually test bup on my machine to see whether I
can reproduce the problems found by him at least once. If 3 out of 4
month failed it should not be that hard.

Does bup allow comparing its storage contents against a filesystem tree?

I like bup because its simple and fast, but it should also be reasonable
stable.

> revert
I would have liked anybody restarting the build once to see whether this
alone triggers a race condition making it pass this time.

Marc Weber