[Nix-dev] Libreoffice update to 4.0.5.2

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Sun Sep 1 18:59:48 CEST 2013

Domen Kožar <domen at dev.si> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've updated libreoffice to latest stable (released few days ago).

Thanks for this!
libreoffice probably isn't the easiest package to maintain :)

> There are two caveats though:
>
> - Due to help being translated to so many packages total size when unpacked
> is 2.1G (help is 1.4G). Any objections for making help optional?

Do we keep English help?
And an option to install all others?
I don't think we need more fine grained selections.

This might be a nice target for multiple-outputs though.
That way, the core (with english help) is shared, meaning people who
select the all-languages option won't need to build everything from
scratch if hydra provides both outputs.