[Nix-dev] [nixpkgs] Fix haddock building for unicode packages (#864)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 26 22:26:17 CEST 2013

Hi Russel,

 > I patched this into my local master branch by hand, but compiling
 > multirec has failed. Anyone successfuly used this?

the patch doesn't work as-is. Setting LANG=en_US.UTF-8 is not enough.
The environment also needs the path to the glibc locales for the setting
to take effect. The stdenv-updates branch contains several commits that
address this issue:

  27905ce17e1b1aed55edbff5856082b8c1b51fc7
  9f541bcdde9cbc718a3ce7bb4fb900a9d671def8
  bf3b9ccee35faf7d0e306b0a522edde280817c68

Cherry-picking those commits into 'master' is not straight-forward,
though, because the stdenv-updates branch contains a whole lot of other
Haskell-related updates that master doesn't have yet.

I am about to back-port those updates to the master branch. You can
expect an appropriate commit during the day tomorrow that will include
this particular feature.

Take care,
Peter