[Nix-dev] Qt Creator issues

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:24:33 CEST 2013

On 27 May 2013 21:34, Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> The first issue is that there is no way to create applications from
> File -> New File or Project. On Ubuntu I have an "Applications" entry
> just above the "Libraries" entry. On NixOS the "Applications" entry is
> missing. I suspect this is related to this error that is spewed all
> over the terminal (100 times or so) after clicking on File -> New File
> or Project:
>
>     Cannot update Qt version information:
> /nix/store/0g7rv5wclspqz80pb2dkjxqxf2651xar-qt-4.8.3/bin/qmake cannot
> be run.
>
> The path it refers to doesn't exist. (And building qtcreator again
> from source still refers to the same broken nix store path! I need to
> confirm this.)

Would you look at that - freshly built qtcreator definitely refers to
non-existing qmake (I've rebuilt qt4_for_qtcreator and qtcreator):

Cannot update Qt version information:
/nix/store/0g7rv5wclspqz80pb2dkjxqxf2651xar-qt-4.8.3/bin/qmake cannot
be run.

$ ls -l /nix/store/0g7rv5wclspqz80pb2dkjxqxf2651xar-qt-4.8.3/
ls: cannot access
/nix/store/0g7rv5wclspqz80pb2dkjxqxf2651xar-qt-4.8.3/: No such file or
directory

Does anyone have any idea where qtcreator may get that broken store
path from? It's the same hash even though I've changed the nix
expression for qt4_for_qtcreator. That shouldn't be possible.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman