[Nix-dev] HOWTO: Running NixOps on OS X

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Sat May 25 21:27:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 25/05/13 14:48, Malcolm Matalka wrote:

> Does that mean the bootstrapping VM is not needed at all?  I was under
> the impression it was (that some building happened prior to starting the
> VM which needs to happen on a build server).

In principle, no.  NixOps evaluates the deployment spec first, which shouldn't
involve any building.  Then it starts the VMs, and only then it builds anything.
 So it should be possible to use those VMs for building.  This would require
NixOps to generate a nix.machines file and set the right environment variables.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/