[Nix-dev] command-not-found can't open db

Malcolm Matalka mmatalka at gmail.com
Wed May 15 09:21:06 CEST 2013

I did a manual upgrade to the latest version of NixOS and Nix a month or
so ago, and just realized that command-not-found doesn't work for me.
So I ran it manually (command-not-found whois) and I get the following
error.  I'm not sure if my manual upgrade didn't set it up properly:

$ command-not-found whois
DBI
connect('dbname=/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/root/channels/nixos/programs.sqlite','',...)
failed: unable to open database file at
/run/current-system/sw/bin/command-not-found line 12.
cannot open database
`/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/root/channels/nixos/programs.sqlite' at
/run/current-system/sw/bin/command-not-found line 12.