[Nix-dev] Haskell packages in the binary cache broken?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue May 14 21:57:18 CEST 2013

Hi Karn,

 > Yes, I meant the ABI hashes (visible in the GHC package database).

ah, okay, that makes sense.

Personally, I'm having trouble believing that this particular feature of
GHC is causing those build errors, though, because I've run thousands of
Haskell builds with Nix, and I've not run into this issue once. My guess
is that Jan uses Nix inside of another Linux distribution -- i.e. he
probably doesn't use NixOS nor chroot() builds --, and that there is
some other impurity causing these issues. Anyway, it's probably moot to
speculate, it would be best if we had a concrete build log to try to
figure out what's going on.

Take care,
Peter