[Nix-dev] Stable NixOS releases

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue May 14 15:54:04 CEST 2013

Excerpts from phreedom's message of Tue May 14 15:44:24 +0200 2013:
> It isn't only about production. I'm sure that we managed to scare away some
> newbie users with a temporarily broken master branch.
I don't understand why, because nixos is the *only* distribution you can
just use older revision and continue. So it should even make those newbe
users use nixos with even more joy.

The problem is there are many packages - and there will be more - we
will not have a chance to test all of them (eg games) - so we should
define what we want to call breakage.
Eg breaking ati/nvidia proprietary drivers is bader than breaking a
particular game (for work).

There will always be "new users" who find bugs .. So maybe the better
way is to emphasize that using nixos its a smaller problem compared to
other distros.

Marc Weber