[Nix-dev] Haskell packages in the binary cache broken?

Andres Loeh ksnix at andres-loeh.de
Tue May 14 14:03:51 CEST 2013

Hi Peter.

> what exactly are you referring to when you say "package hashes"? Do you
> mean the hashes in GHC's package database, or do you refer to the hash
> of a package in the Nix store?

He means GHC's ABI hashes. GHC itself is known to be non-deterministic
in certain cases. However, most of these issues have been fixed over
the years, and in the context of Nix, I've never suffered from this
issue in practice. So it would be interesting to verify if that's
really the culprit here.

Here's one GHC bug that's related. There might be more:

Cheers,
  Andres