[Nix-dev] gimp and pygtk ImportErrors

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sun May 5 21:03:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

Running gimp results in lots of pygtk ImportErrors like these:

gimp:3712): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/nix/store/7vkgzdg3bsfn5a50arn7afb0gcf0rz12-gimp-2.6.12/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/colorxhtml.py",
line 25, in <module>
    import gimp
ImportError: could not import pygtk

I tried to put pygtk in propagatedBuildInputs, but that didn't change
anything. I guess propgatedBuildInputs only has runtime effects on
derivations built with buildPerlPackage and buildPythonPackage? And
not native binary executables?

So is it that wrapProgram thing that is supposed to be used to fix these things?

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman