[Nix-dev] kbuildsococa4 & calligra

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Mon Mar 25 18:53:36 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 06:29:27PM +0100, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 25/03/13 18:19, Marc Weber wrote:
>
> > I tried running krita which belongs to callgria suite.
> > I updated calligra to current 2.6.2 version.
> >
> > To make it run I had to
> > - add shared_mime_info to PATH,
> > - setting KDEDIRS to calligra store path (and eventually the kde dir
> >   found there)
>
> FWIW, this is also done by the KDE module in NixOS.  Unfortunately, that doesn't
> help you when installing via nix-env.

I end up running kdenlive with some difficultues too. In fact, I never got the
icons right.

And for nix-env installations, there are those mime.cache, and icons.cache
(something like that) that collide.

Can't those links be done at build time, so they haven't to be resolved by the
user at runtime? Maybe patching kdelibs or so?