[Nix-dev] Distributed builds with Hydra

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Mon Mar 25 11:52:10 CET 2013

Hi,

On 24/03/13 20:48, Peter Simons wrote:

> I recently set up /etc/nix.machines to perform distributed builds. Now,
> I notice a curious difference between the behavior of nix-env and Hydra:
>
>  - nix-env dispatches some builds to the remote machine, but runs other
>    builds locally.
>
>  - Hydra, on the other hand, seems to perform all builds on the remote
>    machines, but none locally.
>
> Is that perception correct?

Not that I know.  There was a time (IIRC) that Hydra passed "--max-jobs 0" to
prevent local builds, but not anymore.  My local Hydra test instance performs
local builds fine, but I only have distributed builds set up for non-x86 system
types.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/