[Nix-dev] Haskell Parser for (subset of) Nix

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 01:30:01 CET 2013

Excerpts from Sergey Mironov's message of Sat Mar 23 18:13:52 +0100 2013:
> Cool, thanks! It opens the way for many good thinks, like ctags
see ctagsWrapped in nixpkgs, it already implements some regex. Not
perfect but pretty good for the amount of work required to implement it.

> generator, safe automatic package updaters, and so on!
I've worked around this using nix-repository-manager by intorducing
regions, it looks like this:

# REGION AUTO UPDATE: { name="haxe-unstable"; type="svn"; url="http://haxe.googlecode.com/svn/trunk"; }
src = (fetchurl { url = "http://mawercer.de/~nix/repos/haxe-unstable-svn-6387.tar.bz2"; sha256 = "18bcdf23d7ed32d0bafaf4a0acbc9715ea6c30ae22642cb8b797c870098835c0"; });
name = "haxe-unstable-svn-6387";
# END

its not perfect, but does all I need:
  - it documents where to get updates from
  - it knows which piece of code gets updated
  - it inserts that piece of code
  - still simple, everything is in one place without too many additional
    files.

But its only my quick and dirty way to cope with some update problems.

Marc Weber