[Nix-dev] wiki and utf-8 characters

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 01:22:25 CET 2013

>  gollum hard to learn vs other maybe better known syntaxes
Seriously: How many features do you need?

  - headlines
  - code blocks
  - links to wiki pages
  - external links
  - (eventually tables ?)

Nobody cares about the syntax if you document those features and if its
reasonable simple to write.

> Not everybody is a developer
Right - so if people are not familiar with github, do you think people could be
told to just send their contributions to the mailinglist - because
- we want to review them
- adding it to a git wiki and pushing is fast for developpers

As alternative those people could just be told to  use the bug tracker.

If we want to lower barrier for contirbution, what about adding a comment section people can write anything to ?
See php.net/any-php-function - works great.
We then can review the comments and change the wiki

> to get more content
We also want to have "current up to date content" - we don't want to have
random out of date content. It was me fixing the cross compliation wiki page
(buildNative* vs nativeBuild*).

> spam:
I think those spam pages are created by bots to create random backlinks
So getting rid of spam is eventually not that closely related to reviewing nix
related content.

Marc Weber