[Nix-dev] wiki and utf-8 characters

Fri Mar 22 10:43:59 CET 2013

> thing to maintain, especially with a database like mysql. the
> wiki.nixos.org uses postgresql as backend.
Why is a database of that size hard to maintain using MySQL?
MySQL is used that much that it should have no trouble coping with such
a small wiki. Eventually some care has to be taken to set fields to
utf-8 collation - but the media wiki should take care of that.
In the end a wiki is a key value store and a search.

> going away from mediawiki is a good thing to say the least.
Again - tell us why you feel that way :)

I'm pretty sure mediawiki also knows how to cope with spam if you
configure it correctly *and* keep it up to date.

Marc Weber