[Nix-dev] wiki and utf-8 characters

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:31:09 CET 2013

On 03/21/2013 05:24 PM, Marc Weber wrote:
>> I thought this is what github wiki offers, but I've never used it.
> If it was I would not have spoken up. Github wiki is just a wiki you can
> edit online.
> I suggested it being based on the git source once.
>
> It looks like github supports .wiki files (links by {{{url}} and
> similar) natively, it could be an option for that reason.
>
> Put those people maintaining the wiki should speak up and tell how they
> feel. I don't want wiki.nixos.org to host spam.

Hmm, then, as you say, the best solution IMHO is to create
http://github.com/NixOS/wiki repo with markdown and/or similar files,
and have just some simple engine taking content from there.

That could be the github gollum AFAIK, but there are many of those. I,
for example, happily use Hakyll generator for many years. I uses pandoc
and so supports many kinds of markups...

Vlada