[Nix-dev] i3 to 4.5.1 and Pango fonts

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:06:35 CET 2013

On 03/19/2013 02:06 PM, Carles Pagès wrote:
> vcunat enbled xcb for cairo in x-updates a while ago:
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/ec77a957784e193af5bdd26a75066627a02a37f3

True, and I think we could merge x-updates soon, if people want these
features. On the x86*-linux platforms almost everything builds already
(other platforms aren't tested AFAIK). It needs some runtime testing,
but it certainly seems to be mergeable sooner than stdenv-updates which
contains system-wide gcc47 (many packages need patching or -fpermissive
due to bad c++ style).

Maybe we should open an issue or milestone for x-updates merge, to
discuss it there...

Vlada