[Nix-dev] Failed nixos-rebuild cannot download xf86-video-vmware

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Mar 12 17:14:27 CET 2013

> Where should I report the broken link in hydra though?
Mailinglist should be fine. I don't know hydra enough to comment
though.

Excerpts from Patrick Wheeler's message of Tue Mar 12 16:17:11 +0100 2013:
> No improvement,
wrong: There is an improvement: You know that both failed: hydra and
falling back downloading it yourself.

> I tried to fetch the tar.gz from:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-vmware
> and it turns from that location it has a different hash then from any of
> the mirrors found from the x.org mirror list:
> http://www.x.org/wiki/Releases/Download

if you're paranoid the way to go is get the source, and compare the
mirror source - you can't because you don't have it on disk - neither do I.

Unless somebody else still has sources best you can do is use the files
from the official site hoping its fine.

(If you have a better reply, improve mine)

Marc Weber