[Nix-dev] "invalid mode for dlopen()" (mixing master and stdenv-updates)

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 22:30:55 CET 2013

On 03/02/2013 10:15 PM, James Cook wrote:
> - Assuming it is, is this a known problem?  Why doesn't nix's purity
> prevent this?

I don't know about this particular problem, but one thing seems clear to
me: we're trying to get the packages as pure as we can, but many
*aren't* completely pure and occasionally this bites us. Program(mer)s
tend to assume too much... but standard free/libre SW is still *much*
better in this respect than standard Windows-only or Mac-only SW.

Vlada