[Nix-dev] .so file containing INPUT(...)

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Sat Jul 27 20:14:06 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm upgrading the expression for wine to the latest version and
investigating some (optional) dependencies wine claims to be missing.

One of these is ncurses. Tracing the configure phase I found that our
libncurses.so is a text file containing "INPUT(-lncursesw)"

>From the ncurses expression this seems to have been done deliberately and
it's been there for a long time. On my system, I could not find other
packages that use something similar, so I'm wondering what it's for and if
it can be the cause for "gcc ... -lncurses" failing in wine's configure.

Thanks,
Mathijs