[Nix-dev] bsd-games-2.17: monop

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Wed Jan 9 08:52:40 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 01:06:03AM +0100, Vladimír Čunát wrote:
> On 01/09/2013 01:04 AM, Christopher Howard wrote:
> >On my system, the bsd-games-2.17 package installed an essential data
> >file for the monop game to ~/.nix-profile/share/games/monop-cards.pck.
> >However, the monop game dies trying to get this file from
> >/usr/share/games/monop-cards.pck. Is this an issue I need to drop in the
> >bug tracker, or is it something I have done wrong?
>
> Most likely it's a bug in the nix expression. There are some fixes
> for using paths in $out, but you seem to have found a missing case.
> (I've got no time to fix currently.)

I see letters about bsd-games these days... When I packaged it, I can't say
I fixed all programs to work fine. :)
The software has many suppositions about /usr and those things, and I was
lazy to fix *all*. I made work only those of my interest.

At some point, it even built only for x86_64, and not for i686, or something
like that.

No idea about the best way to deal with the 'games' directory to save score
files. We should agree on some directories. /var/games or so is fine for me, but
maybe someone knows better FHS rules.

Patches welcome!