[Nix-dev] development environments

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Feb 23 09:02:44 CET 2013

Excerpts from Lucas Paul's message of Fri Feb 22 21:13:54 +0100 2013:
> I'm just learning how to make software in nix (with some help from the
> wiki). If I want to use an IDE, say Leksah, should that be in the
> build environment too, or should I install that into my default
> profile?
build environment, because leksah uses ghc internal features, such
depends on your build env such as ghc version AFAIK.

Of course if you use the same set of libraries always, installing it
into your default profile may be more convenient.

Maybe try both, and keep using what works best for you.

At this point in time I also want to remind that there is a second way
for install haskell packages using nixpkgs
https://nixos.org/wiki/Nixpkgs-haskell-overlay

Marc Weber