[Nix-dev] Easiest way to deploy a nix-built application with Charon?

Luke Vanderhart luke.vanderhart at logicblox.com
Mon Feb 11 15:58:11 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a very simple question; I am sure the answer is in the documentation
somewhere, but I am somehow missing it.

I have an application which I am building into a Nix derivation; everything
seems to be working correctly there. I also have Charon configured to
deploy a cluster to EC2, with several packages from nixpkgs installed;
everything also seems to be working fine there.

But it is not apparent to me how to install my derivation on the deployed
machines. I can see how to start it up once it's there, as a service or
using systemd, but I am somehow missing the directive to actually copy the
closure for my application to the server.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks very much,

-Luke