[Nix-dev] PYTHONPATH

Christopher Howard cmhoward2 at alaska.edu
Sat Feb 2 02:23:53 CET 2013

Hi. Question for the python savvy users: I'm no export at python or
nix, but I used nix to install some python stuff. I see .egg
directories appearing in ~/nix-profile/lib/python2.7/site-packages,
and it seems I can use a package if I set PYTHONPATH to
~/nix-profile/lib/python2.7/site-packages/packagename.egg. Is it
possible to set PYTHONPATH (or some other variable) once so that all
the packages are usable? I tried just setting the path to the
site-packages directory, but that doesn't seem to work.