[Nix-dev] LLVM builds on Hydra but not locally

James Cook james.cook at utoronto.ca
Sun Dec 15 09:43:22 CET 2013

Any experts on building LLVM?  I am seeing different results from
Hydra.  Maybe it's because I have an AMD CPU.  Full /proc/cpuinfo at
https://gist.github.com/falsifian/7970458 .

When I try to build LLVM on the stdenv-updates branch (haven't tried
master), I see the following error:

[ 48%] Built target LLVMMCJIT
building lib/Target/AArch64/Utils/CMakeFiles/LLVMAArch64Utils.dir/all
building lib/Target/AArch64/Utils/CMakeFiles/LLVMAArch64Utils.dir/depend
Scanning dependencies of target LLVMAArch64Utils
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`lib/Target/AArch64/AArch64GenSubtargetInfo.inc', needed by
`lib/Target/AArch64/Utils/CMakeFiles/LLVMAArch64Utils.dir/AArch64BaseInfo.cpp.o'.
 Stop.
make[1]: *** [lib/Target/AArch64/Utils/CMakeFiles/LLVMAArch64Utils.dir/all]
Error 2

Full build output at https://gist.github.com/falsifian/7970450 .  This
is at commit 2bc29e4e, but I've tried other places on stdenv-updates
with the same result.

On the other hand, Hydra seems able to build this (same store path) if
I'm interpreting this page correctly:
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/7133993 .

Am I supposed to have system set to something different if I'm on
64-bit AMD compared to 64-bit Intel?

I haven't looked further into it because I know very little about building LLVM.

James